[gps-users] Indent / unindent block ?

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Thu Sep 13 17:38:58 CEST 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007 17:28:09 Gautier de Montmollin wrote:
> Being relatively new to GPS, first: I'm impressed by the 2007 GLP edition
> for MS Windows, it is very stable and useful (never crashed, unlike
> previous versions which hanged pretty quickly).

Thanks

> A little question: is there a way to indent or unindent a block (selected
> text) ?
> This is a nice functionality of AdaGIDE I'm missing with GPS... unless I
> overlooked something ?

That is doable through the "rectangles" plug-in, which you activate
through /Tools/Plug-Ins.
Then you have a menu /Edit/Rectangles, where you can use "Open".

If you are talking about automatic indentation, this is of course available
just by pressing your auto-indent key when the block is selected.

I thought I had done a similar python script for any text, but can't find it.
This is of course not too difficult to write, maybe you would like to have a
shot at it ?

regards
Emmanuel