[gps-users] Scripting GPS from GDB

Harte, David david.harte at goodrich.com
Tue Sep 27 11:17:46 CEST 2005

I'm migrating a test suite from GDB to GPS and while I've successfully
run my GDB scripts within the GPS environment I'd like to use some of
the enhanced features available in GPS from the same scripts (or some
similar method).

Each GDB-scripted command appears in the GPS Debug pane as it is
executed.  If I interactively click on a Debug/Data sub-menu I can
display <some_symbol> in the debugger Data pane and this too appears as
a text command in the Debug pane (as 'graph display <some_symbol>').
Is there some way of automating the creation of these Debugger Data pane
objects, e.g. by having 'graph display <some_symbol>' emitted from a GDB
script?  Any attempts so far have failed within the GDB parser.  Is
Python the answer?

I'm running GPS 2.1.0 (20041129) hosted on pentium-mingw32msv and GDB
6.3 on Windows XP

Thanks in anticipation

David Harte
Goodrich