[gps-users] Cut,Copy,Paste,Delete in contextual menu.

anisimkov anisimkov at ada-ru.org
Sat Jul 23 11:22:55 CEST 2005

Most popular GUI text editors are able to use commands Cut,Copy,Paste,Delete
from contextual menu. It is
nedit, gedit, screem, OpenOffice (text processor), kedit in Linux
and UltraEdit, wordpad, notepad, Word (text processor) in Windows.

GPS do not have such contextual menu items by default.
I wrote customization file and have the contextual menu items.
-----------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<gps>
  <contextual action="/Edit/Cut" before="Goto file spec&lt;->body">
  <Title>Cut</Title>
  </contextual>
  <contextual action="/Edit/Copy" after="Cut">
  <Title>Copy</Title>
  </contextual>
  <contextual action="/Edit/Paste" after="Copy">
  <Title>Paste</Title>
  </contextual>
  <contextual action="/Edit/Delete" after="Paste">
  <Title>Delete</Title>
  </contextual>
  <contextual action="" after="Delete"/>
</gps>
The problem description.

When text selection occupied the few text lines, new contextual menu items
working good. But when my selection is in one line, selection
disapearing just
after call for contextual menu by the right mouse click and i could not
able copy, cut and delete if text is not selected.

This experiments was done with GPS 3.0.

Are GPS developers going to allow one line text selection with
contextual menu ?