[gps-users] Preview of next major release of GPS

Robert Love Robert Love <Robert_Love@raytheon.com>
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:55:17 -0600

    Arnaud> Snapshots of this new release for linux can be found at
    Arnaud>  http://libre.act-europe.fr/gps/snapshot.html

    Arnaud> We would appreciate feedback and early testing on this new
    Arnaud> version if you get a chance.

Well, it didn't run for me.  Here is the error message:

[u102k@dws91  ~/sstf/int_01J0_016/usad/partitions/coltru_ia.ss/ ]$ gps &
[1] 17408
[u102k@dws91  ~/sstf/int_01J0_016/usad/partitions/coltru_ia.ss/ ]$ /home/u102k/bin/gps_exe: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't see this library in the tarball so is it expected to be in my
linux distribution?  I do have

[u102k@dws91  ~/sstf/int_01J0_016/usad/partitions/coltru_ia.ss/ ]$ ls -l /usr/lib/libpng.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           11 Mar  1  2003 /usr/lib/libpng.so -> libpng.so.2*

on my system but I can't update it since it is in a root controlled
area.

--
| Bob Love,                   |                                       |