[gps-users] Make problem

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Mon Jun 7 14:18:13 CEST 2004

Hello, all.
	Although I know that this must not be the GPS problem, I hope that such high
qualified people as developers of the GPS build system, may be able to
understand the problem in one moment...:-)

	This is the second day that I try to understand the problem and can not...
	I created the C++ project. It is compiled OK for the FIRST (!!) time. Now I
change one source file (dtc.cpp) and press F4 again - nothing happens as if
the source file was not updated.
	I run make with -d option and it says (among others):

Finished prerequisites of target file `/Dev/Proj/DTC/Debug/dtc.o'.
Prerequisite `dtc.cpp' is newer than target `/Dev/Proj/DTC/Debug/dtc.o'.
Prerequisite `dtc.h' is older than target `/Dev/Proj/DTC/Debug/dtc.o'.
No commands for `/Dev/Proj/DTC/Debug/dtc.o' and no prerequisites actually
changed.
No need to remake target `/Dev/Proj/DTC/Debug/dtc.o'.

Why this is the conclusion?? It saw that dtc.cpp is newer and still "no need"?

I shell be very very thankful for any help.
--
Leon M.Pollak
leonp at plris dot com