[gps-users] gps-2.1.0w-academic-x86-linux and C/C++

Steven Johnson sjohnson at neurizon.net
Mon Jun 7 13:46:47 CEST 2004

My appologies,  I was just checking to see if it was supposed to be
there or not. Following is more information, I have only just started
using GPS, so I am a bit lost at the moment identifying if things are
intentional or not.

I installed the snapshot release by un tgz'ing the archive and running
doinstall

I told the install script to install in /opt/gps2

Note: I have GPS V1.4.0 installed in /opt/gps

I then edited /opt/gps2/bin/gps to add the path statement to
/opt/gps2/bin/gps so that gps can find its executables.

I havent added any other paths or defines to the gps startup script.

Then I execute /opt/gps2/bin/gps which fires up OK.  If I start is and
select "create new project with wizard" and press ok, the only
"languages" listed in the next dialogue are: "Ada", "changelog",
"Project file", "Python" but no "C" or "C++" which I would have expected.

If I load a project I created with V1.4.0 into V2.1.0, I do not get the
C or C++ pages in the project options dialogue either.

I do not have the GNAT ADA Compiler installed at all.  My understanding
is this isnt required just to run the program. Is this correct?

Are there any other environment setting I should set or check to ensure
everything can be found?

Also, is there a changelog of differences between the last official
release, and the V2.1.0 Snapshots?

Any help would be appreciated, because the environment looks (at first
glance) like the nicest IDE ive seen on Linux.  Im eager to see how it
performs in practice.

Regards,
Steven Johnson