[gps-users] Some problems found and, I hope, located.

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Jun 3 16:46:35 CEST 2004

Hello,
	There are some problems I found when tried to create my new C++ project on
RH9 using the GPS 2.0.0w (20040307) :

1.  The generated make file contains the lines:

#For Languages use ...
OP.source_dirs:= List_Of_My_Dirs
OP.src_dirs:=$(shell gprcmd extend $(OP.base_dir) '$(OP.source_dirs)')

Now, if List_Of_My_Dirs looks like, for example,
 ../../DIRA ../../DIRB
then the OP.src_dirs variable will look like
/DIRA/DIRB
which is obviously not the desired result.

2. In my case, the generated lines for object dirs looks like:

# for Object_Dir use ...
OP.object_dir:=/Development/Projects/OP/Debug

This cases the normal build (F4) not to see any changes in my sources (because
it does not see dependency files?). Adding one trailing slash solves the
problem:
OP.object_dir:=/Development/Projects/OP/Debug/

3. An attempt to upgrade to GPS 2.1.0w (last build) makes the same makefile in
the same project not usable - nothing is compiled, no changes are seen.
I tried to understand the cause, but after 7 hours of work (sorry, I am too
stupid:-)) I was not able to understand the cause and gave up.

Hope this will be useful...
--
Leon Pollak
leonp at plris dot com