[gps-users] getting started with C in gps environment

Geoffrey Brown geobrown@cs.indiana.edu
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:58:44 -0500

All I really wanted was gvd, but that doesn't seem to be available
anymore.  So
I've tried gps on both windows and linux.  Under windows, creating a
project doesn't
create a make file and the few available makefiles don't seem to be good
patterns
for creating a C project.  On Linux, creating a project does create a
makefile, but
it's broken.  I'm perfectly capable of building programs outside of the
GUI, but
it's annoying to have all this extra cruft (beyond the debugger) and not
be able to use it.

Suppose I wanted to create a project to build "hello world", what are
the minimum
steps required ?

Geoffrey Brown