[gps-users] Problem running GPS

Jeffrey Creem jeff@thecreems.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:27:41 -0500

At the risk of spreading more mis-information I'll take a shot at this.

GPS does not (out of the box) support non NT based OSs. I would guess that
you are
running 95/98/ME instead of NT/2000/XP?

It might still be possible to get it working. Before I got my new laptop I
almost headed down the path
of figuring out what was happening..

There are quite a few Win32 specific Gtk environment variables that one can
tweak. Perhaps there is
one that will make GPS work?

I have had some luck (with other applications) in setting the environment
variable

PANGO_WIN32_NO_UNISCRIBE

to a value of 1 before running the application.