[gps-users] Creating new file naming conventions, and enabling multiple file extensions

Emmanuel Briot briot@act-europe.fr
24 Dec 2003 09:54:21 +0100

> 1. I have installed GPS academi version 1.4.0 on windows 2000 pro, and
> everything seems to work okay except that I dont seem to be able to
> compile or build any files at all. The HELP->About menu reveals that
> GNAT <unknown version> is being used. Do I need to install GNAT
> seperately to get it working?

Yes, GPS is an IDE, not a compiler. You need to install whatever
compiler you wish to use separately.

> 2. Also: Is there any way of creating my own naming convention?
> For instance my project naming convention is
> <package--seperate.ada> for seperates,
> <package--.ads> for specs, and <package--.adb> for package bodies?

Yes, look at the naming page on the project properties editor. Please
read the documentation first before asking questions, these are all
answered there !

> 3. Finaly: Can I use more than one extention for a file type? i.e.
> <package--seperate.ada> and <package--seperate.stub> for seperates?

Same as above

Emmanuel