[gps-users] Difficulties to install GPS on Linux

Marc Colinet m.colinet@9online.fr
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:02:15 +0100

I have just purchased Linux Mandrake 9.2 to run GPS on it since I have not
XP. I am not used to Linux and I try to install GPS.

I would like to install GPS in /usr, the directory where is GNAT. With the
normal login, "doinstall" can be run but tells me that it can't be possible
to write in /usr, that I have to check if it is not necessary to be root to
perform the installation in /usr.
With the login root, I can't run doinstall this time, Linux tells me that
it is not a command file!

Is there anybody that can tell me how to run "doinstall" and install GPS in
/usr ?

Thanks ahead and best regards.
Marc.