[gps-users] Building on Windows

Arnaud Charlet charlet@ACT-Europe.FR
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:18:22 +0100

> As obviously GPS 1.4.0 can be built on Windows... Is there any detailed
> info about the procedure?

Sure. I'd suggest you continue asking your questions on gps-devel which
is more appropriate for this kind of questions.

gps-users is meant for end-users questions.

> I've taken a look into INSTALL, but it seems Unix- (or Linux-) oriented.
> For example, there's a bit about running ./configure...

INSTALL gives all the instructions needed. And in particular that you
need a set of unix-like tools indeed (cygwin is what we use).

> I have Cygwin and MinGW installations on my system, so I can try that,
> but I thought best to ask before, to evade any obvious traps/pitfalls .

Follow the instructions to the letter unless you know what you are doing
is the best advice I'd say.

Arno