[gps-devel] Python and GTK-OSX

Nicolas Setton setton at adacore.com
Sat Dec 3 00:36:17 CET 2011

Hello Felix,

[...]

> While Python does find its modules now, it still fails to load its
> configuration files. I tried to set the other python environment variables
> (PYTHONHOME, PYTHONFRAMEWORK, PYTHONBASE) to the corresponding places in the
> framework, but nothing changed. Python looks for its configuration in the
> installation prefix of GTK-OSX, where the GPS binary lies, instead of using
> the system's Python installation. I cannot tell whether this problem
> originates on the Python side or on the GPS side. Does anyone have advice?

Recent versions of GPS pass the contents of the variable GPS_PYTHONHOME to its
Python interpreter. (We did use "PYTHONHOME" before, but found out some cases in
which this interfered too much with the users' environment).

> Btw, I currently use GPS revision 177042, as this is the first revision I
> found that I succeeded to compile (with some modifications to the build
> system). I didn't have luck with the release version 5.0.1, nor with newer svn
> revisions.

You are probably not far from succeeding with the recent version. Don't hesitate
to post problems here - it's possible that someone has solved them before.

Regards,

Nicolas