[gps-devel] "Invalid context for this action" when hitting space after gdb command

Pascal MALAISE malaise at magic.fr
Sat Nov 28 09:23:59 CET 2009

Hi,
on Ubuntu 8.04 and 9.10 I have the following bug with GPS 4.3.1
(20090114) hosted on i686-pc-linux-gnu GNAT GPL 2009 (20090519):

- I start "gps --debug=<exe>"
- I click in the start/run (">") button to start execution
- The run/start popup window appears, I clock in OK
- The program breaks in the main, so far so good
- In the debugger console, (after the prompt (gdb)) I type
"p " (p and the space key)
- gps switches to the messages window with the error:
[2009-11-28 09:08:52] Invalid context for this action

Occures with all commands typed in the console window, just after
typeing <space>.

Note that I haven't open any menu.

Workaround: Before (or even after) the problem occurs, I open and close
the "Edit" menu by clicking twice on the "Edit" button.
This works only with the Edit menu buDoes not work with any ottton, not
with the other menu buttons of GPS.