[gps-devel] GPS +/- VIM

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Tue May 23 08:39:25 CEST 2006

> Although, I must say that I am quite impressed
> with the current snapshot of GPS (It's my first
> encounter of the IDE itself). I seems
> to be thought over, functional and somehow
> minimalistic at the same time. I do like it.

Thanks for the kind note.

> OK, my question is then: Would it be difficult
> to ha a "VIM theme" ? I mean by this: To have
> VIM fully integrated with the native GPS
> editor.

Not quite sure what you have in mind; could you clarify ?
Do you mean, emulate VIM in the GPS editor ? Or integrate more
tighlty the real VIM as e.g. a GPS widget and add support for
contextual menus, etc... ?

Both are possible, although both are a substantial amount of work
wihch is currently not planed.

Arno