[gps-devel] Fwd: [gps-users] Where for Bug Reports

Robert Love rblove at airmail.net
Fri Mar 17 23:31:14 CET 2006

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore.com>
> Date: March 17, 2006 1:48:38 PM CST
>
>> I tried the 4.0 snapshot and have repeatable crashes.  Is this the
>> right place for bug reports?  If not, where?
>
> gps-devel is more appropriate for bug reports.
>
> Note that the snapshots are expected to be sometimes unstable from
> day to day,
> but if you have precise and reproducible reports, do not hesitate to
> send them to gps-devel.

The action to cause the crash is to install the 4.0 snapshot, open an
existing project, grab the lower right corner of the screen and drag
with the mouse to  narrow the viewing area.  It always crashes for
me.  If I reinstall 3.02 and the GPS program will not crash.  Here
are the details:

OS is Fedora Core 4 with current released updates, not experimental.

 From the "About" window on GPS:

GPS 4.0.0w (20060316) hosted on i686-pc-linux-gnu
GNAT 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)

I built GCC myself with many languages including Ada.

The error message when crashed is:

Execution terminated by unhandled exception
Exception name: STORAGE_ERROR
Message: stack overflow (or erroneous memory access)
Call stack traceback locations:
0x8b9b056

I expect a daily version to have rough edges.  I hope this helps find
a problem.