[gps-devel] Can't build GPS under Windows 2K

stephane stephane at rochebrune.org
Tue Apr 19 12:47:14 CEST 2005

Thanks for your fast reply, Arno

> You seem to be mixing the compiler and the build environment (unix tools).

Cygwin comes with its own GCC build, isn't it ?

$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3.3 (cygwin special)

But there is a switch to instruct Cygwin to use MinGW compiler, can't
remember at this time it but I will find it.

> I only mentioned cygwin in the context of the build environment, not in
> the context of the compiler.

OK. I haven't understand.

> Our environment is as described above (cygwin build environment,
> gnat and gcc mingw-based compiler).

OK.

I think the latest Cygwin is OK as build environment ?

What is exactly the MinGW release you use to build the latest GPS
binairy available on the libre.act-europe web site ?

The build attempt with MSys instead Cygwin can't explain the error
mentionned in my previous message (at the first call to GCC)...

Best from Oleron,

--
Stephane Riviere
Oleron Island - France