[gps-devel] File dialog locks up on Windows 2k

Chris Douty Chris_Douty at ampex.com
Sat Sep 25 00:19:54 CEST 2004

Howdy,

For the last couple of days at least CVS HEAD locks up on Win2k when I
enter a file dialog trying to choose a project.  Actually I can enter
the file dialog, but any attempt to change directories results in an
"Application Not Responding" in the Task Manager.  I can only end task.

I built gps using MinGW gcc v3.4.1 (or v3.4.2) against a recent GtkAda
cvs HEAD.  I was able to get a more functional gps from sources checked
out on September 9th (or possibly updated on the 17th).  That version
does not exhibit the lockup but it does just quit with no warning after
doing some file editing.  :-|

I tried connecting to a hung instance today with gdb, but it did not
reveal much to me.  It said that I had five threads, each of which only
had _libkernel32_a_iname() in the backtrace.  Actually each thread had
variety of depths of that function. Somehow I don't think that the
default gdb 5.2.1 in MinGW is much help.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Start GPS from windows shell or MinSYS commandline
2) Select "Open existing project" and click "Browse"
3) Attempt to change directory in the resulting file dialog.  All
buttons seem to lead to a locked app.

Thanks,
	Chris

--
Christopher Douty <Chris_Douty at ampexdata.com> +1-650-367-3129
Senior Engineer, Software & Systems  - AMPEX Data Systems Corp.