[gps-devel] python

Matteo Bertini matteo.bertini at inwind.it
Sat Jul 24 17:23:35 CEST 2004

Hi, I'm quite new to Ada but I was thinking about a python-ada bridge
(for an university exam).

Not knowing well Ada neither Ptyhon internals I have used pyrex for
bindigs in both directions (pragma import/export on the Ada side), with
pyrex basic things are very simple, but I have big problems with the
object model and mostly with exceptions.

With a fast look I have seen that your work is quite advanced, I think
it permits to use and extend Ada objects in python and even manage
exceptions...

Is this right?

Can I have some hint about the structure or some example about using
your code?

Thank you for your work,
Matteo Bertini