[gps-devel] Features in public GPS

Arnaud Charlet charlet@ACT-Europe.FR
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:10:46 +0200

> 1) Can't cope with spaces in directory names (v.annoying!);

GPS supports spaces fine as far as we know. Maybe your underlying compiler
does not support them properly.

> 2) If you float a message window and then 'unfloat' it,
>    it moves to the source code window not back to its
>    original place as I would expect;

This has been fixed recently.

> 3) Doesn't cope with 'Pretty Printer';

It does, assuming you have the proper version of the pretty printer and
a recent enough gnat toolchain.

> 4) Seems to pick up the .gpr file when compiling and
>    mistakes it for a source file, if the .gpr and the
>    source files are in the same directory.

Never seen this problem. A complete reproducer would be needed to investigate
this issue.

Note that if you are a supported ACT user, I'd suggest you report these to
report@gnat.com using your customer number.

If not and you are using GPS in the context of your work, I'd recommend
contacting sales@act-europe.fr to get the proper gnat pro toolchain and
support, since the GPS Academic edition is not intended to be used in an
industrial context.

Regards,

Arno