[GAP] New GAP contribution

Nathalie Lesigne lesigne at adacore.com
Tue Sep 18 09:36:54 CEST 2012

Dear GAP members,

I am pleased to announce a new contribution from one of our member.

David Levy from the School of Electrical and Information Engineering, University of Sydney, Australia has contributed a small program using tasks to manage a queue with multiple servers. Clients arrive at random intervals, join the queue and are served by a number of servers with randomly varying service times. The queue is displayed and the waiting times are tracked. Service times, arrival times and number of servers call all easily be varied. It is a useful tool to demonstrate some aspects of tasking in Ada and to simulate the behavior of a single queue with multiple servers. Note that the correct screen driver must be selected for Windows or Linux.

It is available in the "Laboratory Materials" section in GNAT Tracker.

Enjoy!

--
Nathalie Lesigne
GAP Coordinator, Paris