[GAP] old attribute

Dick Gayler dgayler at kennesaw.edu
Fri Oct 28 17:35:26 CEST 2011

I am using ada in an upper division course covering design by contract.
Specifically, I am using the precondition and postcondition pragmas.  As
is typical in academia, I am "going overboard" to emphasize the
concepts.  The problem that I have run across is that is seems that the
implementation of the old attribute makes a shallow copy of the object
leading to the obvious problems with linked structures.  Has anyone
looked at what has to be done so that the old attribute when make a deep
copy?  I am trying to avoid explicitly putting the "deep copy" code in
the subprograms.

Thank you.

--
Dick Gayler