[GAP] GNAT GPL 2010 now availble

Jamie Ayre ayre at adacore.com
Thu Jun 24 13:58:44 CEST 2010

Dear GAP members,

We are pleased to announce the release of GNAT GPL 2010. This new
edition provides many new features and enhancements in all areas of
the technology. The most notable ones are:

 - first taste of Ada 2012 with features such as conditional or case
   expressions,
 - enhanced IDE (tips, new views, better doc generator, ...),
 - GNAT Project API available in GNATColl,
 - support for Windows 7,
 - support for MacOS X Snow Leopard (64 bit),
 - support for Visual Studio 2008 for the .NET Framework,
 - support for AVR (embedded 8 bit),
 - Ravenscar support for the Lego Mindstorm NXT port
   (future availability).

In the context of the GAP program, we hope the last 2 points above will
provide new and interesting options for real-time and/or robotics
classes.

GNAT GPL 2010 comes with version 4.4.1 of the GNAT Programming Studio
IDE and GNATbench 2.4.0, the GNAT plug-in for Eclipse.

GNAT GPL 2010 can be downloaded from the "Download" section
on GNAT Tracker:

http://www.adacore.com/home/academia