[GAP] E701-009 - New book written by Alan Burns & Andy Wellings

Javier Miranda miranda at adacore.com
Mon Sep 10 17:08:23 CEST 2007

Dear GAP Member,

    We have just updated our GAP Contributions Page with the following
book written by professors Alan Burns & Andy Wellings.

Regards,

---- Javier Miranda

Concurrent and Real-Time Programming in Ada 2005
Cambridge University Press, 2007
ISBN-13: 9780521866972

Ada is the only ISO-standard, object-oriented, concurrent, real-time
programming language. It is intended for use in large, long-lived
applications where reliability and efficiency are essential,
particularly real-time and embedded systems. In this book, Alan Burns
and Andy Wellings give a thorough, self-contained account of how the Ada
tasking model can be used to construct a wide range of concurrent and
real-time systems. This is the only book that focuses on an in-depth
discussion of the Ada tasking model. Following on from the authors'
earlier title Concurrency in Ada, this book brings the discussion up to
date to include the new Ada 2005 language and the recent advances in
real-time programming techniques. It will be of value to software
professionals and advanced students of programming alike: indeed every
Ada programmer will find it essential reading and a primary reference
work that will sit alongside the language reference manual.

Authors: Alan Burns & Andy Wellings (University of York)
Link to the publisher's server:
http://www.cambridge.org/uk/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521866972

---