[GAP] Regarding Cyril's Reply to My Rant

Robert Dewar dewar at adacore.com
Fri Nov 9 00:47:21 CET 2007

Riehle, Richard (CIV) wrote:

> I am not simply ranting.  I am hoping that my observations can be
> taken as a call to action, not the lunatic ravings of a deranged
> (or disillusioned) mind.  We, as members of the GAP program need
> to formulate some kind of strategy, and then participate in carrying
> out that strategy.  If we don't do this, we will all find ourselves
> teaching Python, C#, or Java instead of Ada.   That would be a truly
> sad state of affairs.

Richard, you may rest assured that lots of people are worrying about
this issues, with a bigger perspective than you have. Do you know
for instance about the iFacts project (if not why not? :-) it has
been widely in the news).

I don't think your "call to action" will have any effect whatever,
since those who are interested in this matter are already doing
many things (I am amazed at your claim about crosstalk, don't you
read the magazine?)