[GAP] Seeing double with GPS debugger

John McCormick mccormick at cs.uni.edu
Wed Dec 19 18:02:40 CET 2007

Next semester I'd like to introduce my data structures students to
the debugger.  We are using AdaGIDE.  When you invoke the debugger in
AdaGIDE, it brings up the GPS debugger and initializes it.  The
source file and the debugger console are displayed.  When I click on
the GO button, a second copy of the source file is displayed.  The
two copies of the source file behave differently.   The green
highlighting that indicates the line about to be executed is only
available in the second copy.  The red "stop signs" indicating a
breakpoint are only seen in the first copy.   I can set breakpoints
on the second copy, but they are only displayed on the first
copy.  Closing either one of the source copies does not transfer its
display abilities to the other.   Any ideas on how to change things
so that I can get both current line and breakpoints to be displayed
on a single copy of the source file?

John