[GAP] Use of Ada 2005

David Bover David.Bover at wwu.edu
Thu Mar 30 19:20:18 CEST 2006

We use Ada 95 for the first 3 courses in our programming sequence, taking students from introductory programming, through data structures.  After that, our students may progress through upper-division courses that use C, C++, C#, Java, Scheme, Python - you name it!

I expect we will move to Ada 2005 at some stage but, given our use of Ada, there is no urgency.  From my quick perusal of the documentation, I guess we will make use of the Java-style interface, but don't see any radical changes to the way we use Ada.  The timing of our change will, of course, be dependent on availability of reliable support software.

Dr David C.C. Bover
Chair, Computer Science Department
Western Washington University
516 High Street