[GAP] GNAT Ada 2005 roadmap?

Edmond Schonberg schonberg at adacore.com
Tue Dec 12 14:29:56 CET 2006

On Dec 12, 2006, at 7:31 AM, John Murdie wrote:

> Some academic users of GAP 2006 here ask me if there is a `road-
> map' for
> the implementation of Ada 2005 language features in GNAT - i.e. when
> will Ada 2005 -specific features of the language be available in
> the Ada
> compiler supplied as part of GAP?

The roadmap has a single entry that says that the next release will
be a complete implementation of Ada 2005. The next release is planned
for Q2 2007, with plenty of time for adoption in courses starting in
the fall of 2007.  There will be no intermediate releases for GAP
until then. Internally we have completed the implementation of most
of the 400+ Ada issues, and users of GNATPro have started using them,
so we expect the next release to be mature.

Ed Schonberg