[GAP] LF to CR-LF

Daniel Lewandowski daniellewandowski at tlen.pl
Mon Aug 28 12:33:48 CEST 2006

I've found that Ada.Text_IO has a strange behaviour. For this code:

        with Ada.Characters.Latin_1; use Ada.Characters;
        with Text_IO; use Text_IO;

        procedure S is
           File : File_Type;
           Line : constant String := "ala ma" & Latin_1.Lf & " kota";
        begin
           Create (File => File, Name => "out.txt", Mode => Out_File);
           Put_Line (File => File, Item => Line);
           Close (File => File);
        end S;

I have in the file out.txt combination CR-LF instead of LF in the middle
of printed line. At the end of the line I have of course CR-LF and this
is a normal behaviour in Windows/DOS environment.

Why is Text_IO changing LF into CR-LF in the middle of string?

Regards,
Daniel Lewandowski