[GAP] Use of Ada 2005

Robert Dewar dewar at adacore.com
Thu Apr 13 15:24:04 CEST 2006

Javier Miranda wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2006, at 1:16 PM, Vlad Wojcik wrote:
>
>> However: Is Ada2005 stable? Last time I looked, some final touches were
>> still needed. Can you point me to the FINAL version of the reference
>> manual?
>> (a language which is not finalized (yet!) is of not much value to S/W
>> engineering - no matter how brilliant its design).

One thing to understand here is that no language is ever
stabilized in the sense you are implying. Even after a standards
document is approved, there is a committee issuing a stream of
minor corrections and clarifications to the document. This is
true of all language standards.

Ada 2005 at this stage is highly stable. There will be minor
changes and clarifications, just as there have been all along
continuously for Ada 83 and Ada 95 (and for C, C++, COBOL etc)