[GAP] Ada Linux kernel modules

Jorge Real jorge at disca.upv.es
Mon May 16 15:51:50 CEST 2005

Hi Ted (and the rest!)

If you can live with a 2.4 kernel and GNAT 3.15, you can already write
loadable Linux modules in Ada with RTLGnat. We are planing to adapt the
porting to the GAP version, but I can't tell you exactly when in the
future we'll have it ready. Soon, hopefully.

The link is: http://rtportal.upv.es/apps/rtl-gnat/

You can connect Ada modules with Linux user processes by using RT-FIFOs.

Hope it's useful.

Cheers,
Jorge.

PS: There was a paper presenting RTLGnat in the Ada Europe 2003
Conference (held in Toulouse): "Running Ada on RTLinux". If you don't
have the proceedings, feel free to get in touch.