[GAP] [master] what happens with students?]

Erhard Ploedereder ploedere at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jun 29 15:13:35 CEST 2005

Robert,

the wording of the GAP license has been changed this June. Last year's
version was "for academic use only"; this year's version is "strongly
recommended not to be used for non-academic purposes".

It is a change MUCH to the better and I truly appreciate it.

Marius is wrong in reading the new license this way; indeed, I cannot see
any limitation in the new license that would prevent distribution to
students.  (Whether also through a public web page, I have not
investigated.)

Erhard