[GAP] GAP and gnat for OS X

Fabrice Kordon Fabrice.Kordon at lip6.fr
Wed Apr 27 19:13:40 CEST 2005

At 17:35 +0200 27/04/05, Laurent Pautet wrote:
>On Apr 27, 2005, at 3:42 PM, Franco Gasperoni wrote:
>
>>Vlad Wojcik wrote:
>>>Issue: GAP and GNAT is to cover (or not to cover) Mac OS X: If and
>>>when that happens, could you announce it on this discussion list?
>>>There are many others interested in this issue.
>>
>>Thank you for letting us know that there are others in the academic
>>community interested in the Mac OS X version.
>
>I don't know for others universities but at least at ENST, there are
>more and more students using Mac OS X. This success probably comes
>from the fact that they can take advantage of both Windows software
>(Word, PowerPoint, ...) and FreeBSD software.

I confirm this point. In the SAR field in ou master, there are at
almost 10 macs in master-1 this year (out of 57 students) and also 10
in Master-2 (out of 67)... This is a huge increase we observed this
year. There should be another Mac-computer room next year in the
CS-department.

Another reason for buying a mac (from students) is viruses... there
are almost no viruses on mac on the contrary of PC;-)