[GAP] advice on Ada in general programming languages course

Cyrille Comar comar at adacore.com
Fri Apr 22 12:34:14 CEST 2005

Ressler, E. COL   EECS writes:
 > Of course there are negatives, too: the "binding lag" and popular
 > prejudice are two; the former is most important.  But we live with these
 > happily.

What is the "binding lag"? Are you refering to the (possible) lack of
binding to popular libraries? If so, I would be interested to know
which libraries you have in mind because for me, in my environment,
this issue has completely disappeared either because there are good
Ada bindings available or because it is now so common & easy to build
multi-language systems that it is usually straightforward to build in
some other language the subsystem using the desired library while the
other subsystems can be developped in Ada thanks to the strong
interfacing capabilities introduced in Ada95.