[GAP] advice on Ada in general programming languages course

Pascal Obry obry at adacore.com
Thu Apr 21 19:46:30 CEST 2005

Alejandro,

 > Let's see, I don't see nothing fundamentally wrong in Unbounded, but
 > when you start adding the "no use" rule, throw in some I/O needs

I don't think this is good. I'm also a big fan of "no use" but if a package is
designed to be "used" you should not fight this fact. Ada.Strings.Unbounded is
really designed to be "used". You certainly don't want to declare something
like :

   Str : Ada.Strings.Unbounded.Unbounded_String;

Quite a bit of redundancy!

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|