[AWS] Issues Installing AWS

Henry Grant hgrant at h-grant.com
Sun Oct 27 03:45:19 CET 2013

Greetings,
I am having trouble installing AWS 2013 (aws-gpl-3.1.0-src.tgz).
I would be extremely grateful for any help.
System is Windows 7 64bit, running MinGW MSYS.

The above tar was un-zipped to: c:/aws-gpl-3.1.0-src.
MSYS was used to cd to this directory.  The following was executed (see output attached)
make setup
make build
make install

No edits were made to the configure file. Setup and build appear to be working (I think).
The following output is from
make install.

$ make install
cp: cannot stat `aws.html': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `aws.txt': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `aws*.info*': No such file or directory

My environment is:

MSYS (v2.5 dated 2005)

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. This is a VMWareFusion virtual machine (VM) running on an iMac-24
System: 64 bit, Intel Duo CPU @ 2.9GHz, mem:1GB.

Also, GNAT GPL (GPS 2013) is installed and works fine, EXCEPT after the AWS 'install', the
following message is generated: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in
an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." GPS then terminates.
Re-installing GPS is required in order for it to run again.

Willing to learn,
Henry