[AWS] Help Installing AWS with OpenSSL on Windows-7

Henry Grant hgrant at h-grant.com
Thu Nov 21 00:26:42 CET 2013

Greetings.
I would be grateful for guidance as to how and what libraries to install in
order to configure AWS with OpenSSL on Windows-7. The libraries do not
appear to be in the distribution aws-gpl-3.1.0-src.tgz. The AWS User Guide
Section 2.1, seems to indicate the libraries for OpenSSL are in the
distribution.

I have successfully installed AWS on Windows-7 (using MinGW-MSYS) with the
'makefile.conf' SOCKETS = std. It works well and I have made a couple of GPS
projects.

I edited 'makefile.conf' and set SOCKETS = openssl. Then
make clean
make setup
make build – and get errors.

The make build command now returns the following error:

gcc -c -O2 wrappers.c
C:\aws\config\ssl\openssl\wrappers.c:30:26: fatal error: openssl/x509.h: No
such  file or directory  #include <openssl/x509.h>
                          ^
compilation terminated.

compilation of wrappers.c failed

gprbuild: *** compilation phase failed
make: *** [build-native] Error 4

I find that the directory '/c/aws/config/ssl/openssl' only contains one
file, that is 'wrappers.c', no other files exist. Apparently, from the error
above, at least x509.h should exist.

Must I download a library from openssl.org, if so which one?

Thank you in advance, and best regards...
Henry