[AWS] Hosting AWS

Tero Koskinen tero.koskinen at iki.fi
Thu Sep 6 22:41:40 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Thomas Løcke <thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Marius Amado-Alves <marius at amado-alves.info>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>> Any suggestions of hosting services for an AWS-based server welcome.
>
> I've been very pleased with linode.com. They provide some decently cheap VPS
> solutions and support a fairly large range of distros. Also they have a
> pretty good community.

Another vote for linode.com. I used to run AWS+Debian and AWS+Fedora
combinations there, but at some point AWS stopped working on my
Fedora instance and I didn't have time to debug the problem, so I switched
to more common Apache server.

Linode servers have always been stable for me (I have two Linode instances in
different data servers currently) and probably once I have time, I'll switch
back to AWS+Debian. Most of my pages are static HTML, so it pretty much
every www-server works for me, but of course AWS is preferred.

> :o)
> Thomas Løcke

Yours,
 Tero