[AWS] Bug in the AWS WebSocket implementation

Thomas Løcke thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:42:36 CEST 2012

Hey all,

While toying with the AWS WebSocket stuff, I noticed that my test-server
spiked to 100% CPU when more than one client connected to my server. At
first I was certain I had a bug in my own program, but since it kept
suffering from this ailment, even when I'd disabled more or less all
functionality, I decided to give the AWS websocket demo a try.

It too spikes the CPU to 100% when more than one client is connected.

This does not appear to be related to the browser used. I've tried both
Chrome and Firefox, and it also doesn't matter if the clients all connect
from the same host or from different hosts.

It is very easy to reproduce:

1. Compile the AWS websocket demo
2. Start the demo
3. Connect two clients and observe your CPU usage going through the roof

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help track down this rather
annoying little critter.

Regards,
Thomas Løcke