[AWS] AWS GPL 2011 / Random Tasking_Error (aws-utils.adb:759) on applicatoin launch

David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd david.sauvage at adalabs.com
Fri Jan 20 20:36:23 CET 2012

Pascal,

it is not at elaboration, but during the first lines of my application
execution, here is the calls before the SIGSEGV:

1. [application code] AWS.Log.Write (Log_Object, S);
2. [aws-log.adb:492] Write_Log ...
3. system.tasking.protected_objects.operation.protected_entry_call
4. system.tasking.protected_objects.operation.po_do_or_queue
=> SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

AWS.Log.Start (Log_Object, ...);  as been called before the
AWS.Log.Write (Log_Object, S);
Is there any other conditions to ensure before using a data of type
AWS.Log.Object declared at library level ?

I replaced the AWS.Log.Write call with Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line and the
issue did not occur.

This issue is not systematic. It can stop occurring after recompilation
or re-run.

Cheers,

David SAUVAGE

Software Agile Architect, Director