[AWS] Trying to build on Windows

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Thu Jan 12 08:06:22 CET 2012

Marius,

> PERL installs fine on Cygwin (Cygwin setup program is wonderful).

Sure wonderful and I would never have worked so long on Windows without
it. Now I've moved to GNU/Debian anyway.

> But then OpenSSL does not install via config make on Cygwin. (Config
> works, but make does not.)

But again, Cygwin /= Win32 and these libraries are NOT compatible with
native applications.

> So installed OpenSSL via the installer executable. It complained about
> a Microsoft C++ distributable missing but seemed to install ok. It put
> all sorts of SSL libs in C:\OpenSSL-Win32.
>
> Now (re)installing AWS for SSL fails:
>
> $ make setup build
> gprbuild: "check_config.exe" up to date
> Setup OS specific definitions
> Can not generate system tags. The test are disabled

The steps:

1. Install the 2 DLLs you have found in the .zip (if they are native
Win32 ones) with GNAT. I don't remember but I think they should be put
into <gnat_root>/lib.

2. make clean ; rm makefile.setup

3. make SOCKET=openssl setup

4. make

> tools.gpr:33:09: warning: no compiler specified for language
> "makefile", ignoring all its sources
> include.gpr:32:09: warning: no compiler specified for language
> "makefile", ignoring all its sources
> src.gpr:34:09: warning: no compiler specified for language "makefile",
> ignoring all its sources
> gprbind awsres.bexch
> gnatbind awsres.ali
> gcc -c b__awsres.adb
> gprbind aws_password.bexch
> gnatbind aws_password.ali
> gcc -c b__aws_password.adb
> gprbind templates2ada.bexch
> gnatbind templates2ada.ali
> gcc -c b__templates2ada.adb
> gprbind webxref.bexch
> gnatbind webxref.ali
> gcc -c b__webxref.adb
> gprbind templatespp.bexch
> gnatbind templatespp.ali
> gcc -c b__templatespp.adb
> gcc awsres.o -s -o awsres.exe
> c:/gnat/2011/bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.5.3/ld.exe: cannot
> find -lssl32

It you still have this error it means the the step one has to be
adjusted for the DLL to be found by the linker.

Hope this help.

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|