[AWS] Trying to build on Windows

Björn Lundin b.f.lundin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:28:55 CET 2012

2012/1/9 Marius Amado-Alves <marius at amado-alves.info>:

> PS.
> I still would love to build sans project file. I don't understand why
> it is required.

You do not need to, but you do need some hacking around.
This is how I do it

c:\utility> tree aws
c:\aws
+---aix_ppc
+---c
+---choises
¦   +---tmpl
+---lnx_x86
+---win_x86

where aws itself contains the bulk of the code
the platform specific directories contains
different versions of
- aws-net-thin.ads
- poll.adb
and the generated aws-os_lib-definitions.ads

choises contains the implementations
that has choises
- aws-net-ssl-certificate.adb
- aws-net-ssl.adb
- aws-net-std.adb
- ssl-thin.ads
- templates_parser-configurations.ads
- templates_parser-input.adb
- templates_parser-tasking.adb

c contains all .c files which I
compile, and put into an archive, libaws.a
also I link check_config which
i then use to create aws-os_lib-definitions.ads

it is slightly hacked, to make aix work.

Now, all you need is
* include these directories in ADA_INCLUDE_PATH
 or something similar, (I switch ?)
 and link with -laws (libaws.a)

of course, this only works when compiling from
cmd-line
And I did not try out https or ssl.

But it works well for ordinary http and soap

And yes, I do this for linux/win32 and aix
mainly due to aix is not supported, and also because
I do not use project files either (yet)

--
/Björn