[AWS] Trying to build on Windows

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Mon Jan 9 10:37:30 CET 2012

Marius,

> I have GNAT already installed in my Windows. It works fine with all
> programs (except AWS). Do I really have to reinstall GNAT and use
> Cygwin (and project files BTW)?

You already are using Cygwin it seems no?

You are never really obliged of anything but (you can trust me) a wrong
Cygwin setup is asking for endless troubles. Keep in mind that all GNAT
toolchain is native Windows and do not understand Cygwin PATH. You
only have this problem with AWS because it is probably the only package
you have built from soucres. I think you'll have trouble with XML/Ada too, and
possibly other package coming from sources.

Pascal.

--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--|              http://www.obry.net
--|