[AWS] Further info on the weird "AWS is returning too much data" issue

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Sat Jan 29 15:55:27 CET 2011

Thomas,

> I've tried to figure out what is going on, but alas I must admit
> defeat. I simply cannot spot the bug.

I've also tried on my side. I've found nothing wrong on AWS code up to
know. I found also that ab is really sending those extra requests. I
don't understand why though...

> I'd still like to help though, so feel free to let me know if there's
> anything I can help with.

It would be nice to have a C driver instead of the ab code that try to
reproduce the problem.

My bet is that ab is sending a request and AWS does not respond (quick
enough) or properly, then ab is sending another request...

What is really strange is that it does not reproduce on some machines.
I've been able to reproduce on a quad-core machine but not on mine. I've
also never been able to reproduce on a dual-code machine...

For sure this will be a time consuming problem :(

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|