[AWS] Patch suggestion for AWS.MIME (patch files attached)

Thomas Løcke thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 15:48:04 CET 2011

Hey,

In order to allow for manually loading an aws.mime file, I'd like to
propose ripping the Load procedure out of AWS.MIME.Initialize and make
it available to the user.

For users who configure their AWS servers using AWS.Config.Set (like
me!), it's a problem that the AWS.MIME package initialize itself with
the MIME_Types value from aws.ini/<progname>.ini, because in their
absence, you then simply get an AWS.MIME package initialized with the
default value "aws.mime", which obviously is not good if you have your
MIME file named/placed differently.

With the attached patch, users can do:

    AWS.MIME.Load (MIME_File => "/path/to/mime.file");

and have their "custom" MIME file loaded after AWS.MIME has initialized itself.

I've not been able to come up with any scenarios where this breaks
anything, nor does it change the behavior of AWS.MIME for those who
are used to how it works now. The patch merely adds a bit of
functionality for those of us with weird configuration needs.  :o)

This patch has been tested against the latest SVN.

Regards,
Thomas Løcke

ps. I'm sorry I send this to you directly Pascal. Going forward, I'll
remember to use the maillist.