[AWS] Test program to showcase the AWS.SMTP.Client.Send leak

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Sat Aug 6 19:33:00 CEST 2011

Thomas,

> I can't say I agree with that decision, but since the part of my code
> that uses AWS.Client.SMTP probably won't go live until 2012, then I
> can live with it.
>
> Still I wonder about the reasoning behind leaving a confirmed leak in
> an official package, especially considering how easy it would be to
> roll a new 2.10.1 package.

But it is even easier to fix in the application. Using a valid SMTP
server there is no leak, not a very bad bug I would say. Anyway, the
GNAT GPL packaging is done once a year, that's the rule and I can't
change that. This is true for AWS and all others GNAT add-ons.

Note that bugs are fixed regularly (and more serious than this one) in
GNAT and other packages and nothing gets repackaged. Not a big deal, use
the repository sources.

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|