[AWS] aws.mime - two suggestions

Thomas Løcke thomas.granvej6 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 15:25:42 CET 2010

Hey all,

I found this comment in the aws-mime.ads file:

--  [snip] or by placing a file named aws.mime into the startup directory.

Maybe it's worth adding this to the manual, as I suspect a lot of AWS
users are going to want to add new MIME types, but they might not
notice this comment.

Also perhaps add a aws.mime file to the source? Apache comes with a
rather complete one called mime.types, which I've used for my ongoing
AWS experiments.

The Apache mime.types file begins with:

# This file maps Internet media types to unique file extension(s).
# Although created for httpd, this file is used by many software systems
# and has been placed in the public domain for unlimited redisribution.

So it should be allright to bundle it with AWS, if you wish.

The full contents of the mime.types file can be seen here:
http://pastebin.com/0X3Bfbbd

Regards,
Thomas Løcke