[AWS] [Template Parser] Extending the Template Parser

Mathieu Benard mat.benard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:28:05 CEST 2010

Hi there,

In a former post (May 2010), I was asking how to use the cursor tag. I got
the principle and realized that it do not fit my requirements.
What I 'd like to do is quite similar to one of the XSLT features, that is
to say calling  "patterns"  in some case.
For example, XSLT allows such thing :

<xsl:template match="liste_nombres">
>     <ul>
>       <xsl:apply-templates select="nombre" />
>     </ul>
> </xsl:template>
>

> <xsl:template match="nombre">
>   <li>
>     <xsl:value-of select="@valeur" />
>     <xsl:text> : </xsl:text>
>     <xsl:value-of select="." />
>   </li>
> </xsl:template>

The interesting point there is the <xsl:apply-templates select="nombres"> in
the first block, which calls the second block.
Thus my questions are :

Is it possible for me to extend the Template Parser to add such a feature ?

and

Will it require a lot of change in the current TP architecture ?

By the way, I have noticed that in the TP documentation some piece of code
are missing, see section 3.4 Table for instance (exemples are missing).

Lot of thanks in advance for your answers, questions and suggestions.

Mathieu