[AWS] Trouble compiling AWS on WinXP

Sam Colwell scolwell at vtc.vsc.edu
Mon Jan 18 22:42:48 CET 2010

Pascal,

Because this appears to be an issue between Cygwin 1.7.1 and GNAT GPL,
I've asked for help from the AdaCore folks (I'm part of their academic
alliance).  If I get stuck there, I'll move on to asking the Cygwin
folks.  I don't believe I need any more help from you on this particular
subject.  Just be aware that, at the moment, the newest version of GNAT
GPL does not appear to run under the newest version of Cygwin.

When I get this figured out, I will post the solution to the
AWS mailing list so others will have a reference if they experience this
problem and stumble upon the thread in the AWS mailing list.  Thanks for
prodding me in the right direction to figure out where the issue is.

I was able to locate a machine with Cygwin 1.5.x on it, and gnatmake
appears to work fine there, so I will try to use that machine to compile
AWS.

-Sam Colwell