[AWS] Trouble compiling AWS on WinXP

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Sun Jan 17 22:04:09 CET 2010

Sam,

> User at imac-win /cygdrive/c/aws_src$ make setup
> Setup conversion support
> gcc -c -I- -gnatA C:\aws_src\config\src\test_uconv.adb
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
> gnatmake: "c:\aws_src\config\src\test_uconv.adb" compilation error
> make[2]: *** [../src/aws-translator-conversion.adb] Error 4
> make[1]: *** [config_setup] Error 2
> make: *** [setup_debug_static] Error 2

Hum, this is quite a big problem. It seems that your compiler is not
working properly. What is the ouptut for:

   $ gnatls -v
   $ which gcc
   $ which gnatmake

> The version of make I'm using is:

> User at imac-win /cygdrive/c/aws_src$ make --version
> GNU Make 3.81
> Copyright (C) 2006  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
> There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
> This program built for i686-pc-cygwin

Fine, I'm using this version of make too.

> I'd also enjoy any suggestions on how to bring the library, pre-compiled
> to the various workstations.  The reason for this is that the
> students may not have access to Cygwin or MSYS on the lab machines.

I would just install AWS:

   $ make prefix=/path/to/install
   $ make setup build install

And tar/zip the install directory (/path/to/install). This should work fine.

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|